I955 FM
  • WATCH
    LIVE
  • CALL US AT:

    OFF AIR : 1-868-628-4955 (Front Desk)

    ON AIR : 1-868-622-3937 (Live On Air )

CHIEF SECRETARY SUPPORT THE PRIME MINSTER OJN HER STANCE WITH CARICOM…

Chief Secretary Farley Augustine says, he notes the utterances of Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar at the opening of the, CARICOM heads summit in St Kitts Nevis.

At a news conference over the weekend, Mr. Augustine stood by the prime minister’s comments.

Mrs. Persad Bissessar delivered scathing remarks at the event last Tuesday and called for reforms.

He believes the prime minister needed to say what was said.

The chief secretary also addressed the issue regarding the installation of the US military radar in, Crown Point last year.

He said, the prime minister didn’t share with him what she knew and that may have been a good thing.

According to Chief Secretary Augustine, the prime minister was being practical

Chief Secretary Augustine at a news conference yesterday in Tobago.

Posted in Local News, News, Tobago News, Top News | Leave a comment

MISSING EVIDENCE FROM A POLICE STATION IN CENTRAL…

The Professional Standards Bureau is investigating the disappearance of evidence, at the Chaguanas police station.

The station is said to be on lockdown, after the suspected theft.

According to reports, two bricks of marijuana were among the drug seized during a police exercise in Couva.

Reports state, the narcotic was then stolen from the Chaguanas police station, and replaced with pieces of wood, prompting authorities to place the station on lockdown.

Reports say, the seizure was linked to an incident in which a Venezuelan man was shot dead by police, during operations in Couva on Tuesday.


The confiscated drug was lodged at the station for safekeeping.

Newscentre 5 understands, the marijuana was stolen on Wednesday night, and only yesterday it was deemed missing.

Investigators say, the exact circumstances of how the drugs were removed remain unclear.

The Professional Standards Bureau, has been called into investigate the incident.

Posted in Local News, News, Top News | Leave a comment

PRIME MINISTER TALKS TOUGH TO REGIONAL LEADERS…

The 50th regular meeting of the conference of heads of government of CARICOM, has been officially opened.

At the opening ceremony last evening, Trinidad and Tobago’s prime minister talked tough.

There were no apologies in her tell it like it is address.

She committed this country to the regional grouping, but admitted to disappointments.

Mrs. Persad Bissessar doubled down on her controversial no zone of peace position, modifying the original statement a bit.

The prime minister slammed, what she sees as the silence of CARICOM, when this country and Guyana were under threat by Venezuela.

She thanked president Donald Trump for America’s support last year.

Referring to what she described as the elephant in the room, Mrs. Persad Bissessar said, every member state has to do what is in their interest.

The prime minister made no apologies for the corporation between her, country and the U.S.

She said, she would do it again.

On his way out as chairman, of CARICOM Jamaica’s Prime Minister Andrew Holness have underscored the fact that despite being part of the 15-member regional integration grouping, CARICOM is not a political union”.

Mr. Holness insisted, differences of opinion should not be seen as problematic.

He then turned his attention to Cuba.

Jamaica’s position is clear.

Cuba is not a full member of CARICOM, but it maintains a very close relationship as a key partner and observer, frequently participating in summits and cooperating on trade and health initiatives.

The country while not in the 15-member bloc, signed a trade and economic cooperation agreement with CARICOM in 2000.

Posted in Local News, News, Regional News, Top News | Leave a comment

MACHEL MONTNAO CLEARS THE AIR ON CONTENTS OF A VIRAL VIDEO SHOWING HIM ALLEDGELY TRUCK HOPING ON CARNIVAL TUESDAY…

Soca star and 2026 Road March King Machel Montano explains, video footage that appears to show him on music trucks performing his winning ‘encore’.

Mr. Montano won his 12th road March title this carnival. 

Many questioned, his actions when the footage went viral.

Mr. Montano then explained, what he had to do in order to get to lost tribe, his employer.   

Dubbed the king of soca in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean, Machel Montano is trying to set the record straight, he is not retiring.

He told a news conference yesterday, intends to pull back a bit but not retire.

His clarification came less than a day after; he was declared the road march winner for 2026.

Posted in Local News, News, Top News | Leave a comment

MACHEL MONTNAO CLEARS THE AIR ON CONTENTS OF A VIRAL VIDEO SHOWING HIM ALLEDGELY TRUCK HOPING ON CARNIVAL TUESDAY…

Soca star and 2026 Road March King Machel Montano explains, video footage that appears to show him on music trucks performing his winning ‘encore’.

Mr. Montano won his 12th road March title this carnival. 

Many questioned, his actions when the footage went viral.

Mr. Montano then explained, what he had to do in order to get to lost tribe, his employer.   

Dubbed the king of soca in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean, Machel Montano is trying to set the record straight, he is not retiring.

He told a news conference yesterday, intends to pull back a bit but not retire.

His clarification came less than a day after; he was declared the road march winner for 2026.

Posted in Local News, News, Top News | Leave a comment

A POLICE OFFICER WOUNDED FOLLOWING A SHOOTING IN TUNAPUNA…

Two men have surrendered to the police after a shooting incident in Tunapuna.

An AR-15 rifle was recovered.

The police commissioner and the homeland security minister are said, to have intervened in the matter.

A police officer identified as, PC Phillip was wounded.

Homeland Security Minister Roger Alexander has confirmed he, along with commissioner of police Allister Guevarro, ACP Singh and ASP Bharath, on Monday went into the area known as “Bamboo” in Tunapuna.

After police officers came under fire from an assailant carrying a high-powered, AR-15 rifle.

PC Phillip, was shot in the right leg.


Reports say, less than 24 hours later, two men walked into the Tunapuna police station and provided information.

Minister Alexander is the MP for Tunapuna.

The former police officer applauds commissioner Guevarro’s leadership and issued a warning to all gun-toting criminals, that boots are on the ground at the highest level and immediate action will be taken.

Minister Alexander says, he liaised with health minister Dr. Lackram Bodoe to ensure the wounded officer received immediate treatment.

Surgery was needed.

The minister thanks the officers of the North Central Division, who were involved in the incident.

According to police reports, PCS Laban, Elder and Phillip were on mobile patrol, responding to a report of an assault along upper Fairley Street.

After completing initial enquiries, the officers were returning to their vehicle when they heard gunshots.

PC Phillip was hit.

Posted in Local News, News, Top News | Leave a comment

HUNDREDS OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST IN THE GOVERNMENT’S REVITALISATION PLAN

Nine hundred and 65 expressions of interest, in the government’s revitalization plan.

The Works and Infrastructure Minister Jerlean John yesterday said, the plan, once realized, will bring multi billion dollar projects to Trinidad and Tobago.

She said, hundreds of jobs would be created.

She talked about massive development programmes, in several parts of the country including sea lots and San Fernando.

Minister John took issue with a report, which quotes, a survey commissioned by a business grouping giving the thumps down, to the revitalization plan.

The minister recognizes the need to get rid of, the crime situation in the country.

Minister John said, the plan is widespread and the responses show the potential of, Trinidad and Tobago.

Posted in Local News, News, Top News | Leave a comment

MINISTER OF HOMELAND SECURITY DEFIANT AGAISNT CALLS FOR HIS RESIGNATION…

Minister of Homeland Security, Roger Alexander, is standing firm against calls for his resignation, in the wake of the deadly police involved shooting in St. Augustine.

Yesterday, minister Alexander affirms he will not be stepping down, and remains committed to serving the country.

Both the minister and the Police Commissioner, Allister Guevarro have been under pressure to go.

There have been mounting criticisms over the way they are handling the killing of, Joshua Samaroo.

Mr. Samaroo’s wife Kaia Sealy was also wounded during the incident, at the end of a chase in St. Augustine.

The minister and the commissioner have been calling on the public to allow the investigations to proceed, before arriving at conclusions.

Commissioner Guevarro has refused to suspend the officers involved, while the probes continue.

It is a decision, which has been very unpopular with members of the public.

Posted in Local News, News, Tobago News, Top News | Leave a comment

PERSONS HELD UNDER THE SOE ARE RELEASED…

A total of one hundred and seventeen (117) detainees held under preventive detention orders, have been released from the Eastern Correctional and Rehabilitation Centre in Santa Rosa.

The releases occurred between Friday and yesterday, before the state of emergency expired at midnight on Saturday.

85 detainees were released, with 32 walking free on Friday.

According to police figures, 2025 ended with 369 murders, the lowest total recorded in more than a decade and a 42% drop from the 626 murders reported the year before.

While the country spent much of the year, under two separate SOES.

Police Commissioner Alister Guevarro describes the decline as a major achievement, driven by focused police strategies and accountability across divisions.

Commissioner Guevarro also rejects claims that the SOE alone was responsible; pointing out that earlier emergencies during the covid-19 years, involved far stricter restrictions yet did not produce comparable results.

Posted in Local News, News, Top News | Leave a comment

THE PRIME MINISTER SAYS, TWO INDEPENDENT SENATORE WANTED FAVOURS FOR THE VOTE ON THE ZOSOS BILL…

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar says, two independent senators sought to make a deal which would see them getting benefits, for their votes on the zones of special operations (ZOSO) bill, 2026.

The bail failed in the upper house on Tuesday night.

Eight of the nine independents voted against the legislation…. one abstained.

Yesterday in response to the collapse of the bill, the prime minister said, her government would not buy votes.

She said, two independent senators approached a senior government senator seeking personal favors, in exchange for supporting the bill.

The prime minister said, these requests were rejected.

She would not name the senators saying, “they know who they are and they must live with that shame.”

The prime minister slammed the opposition People’s National Movement, for celebrating the defeat of the bill.

On her Facebook page the Prime Minister Persad Bissessar noted, crime statistics, saying most murder victims over the past decade were young Afro-Trinidadian men, and that communities affected by gang violence are largely PNM stronghold constituencies.

She said, in this reality yet the PNM – an afro-dominated party – continues to block action by the security services.

She said, the real concern appears to be protecting local drug-mafia financiers.

Posted in Local News, News, Top News | Leave a comment